February 9, 2008
On the other hand, perhaps I should just wait for the next one, as that one is bound to be better…
… detailed specifications of the soon to be launched Nikon D90.
For you Canon guys, don’t feel left out… this guy seems to have some excellent contacts within Canon too, and scooped this, on the forthcoming Canon 400D replacement.
February 5, 2008
I managed to thoroughly annoy myself recently.
I have a horrible tendency to leave things to the last minute, as most of you who know me will concur. This has several major downsides:
- it means that I exist mostly in a state of mild panic (this does however seem to work quite well for me 🙂 )
- it annoys my wife immensely as she prefers to panic up-front and everything needs to be done yesterday
- I occasionally miss “stuff” – and this is what happened recently – and this annoys me as it makes me feel as though I have failed, which is, of course, the case. I hate that!
On the upside lastminute-itis:
- means that you have to practice being patient, which is very useful for dealing with many things that life throws at you
- forces you to learn to make decisions quickly and effectively; frankly the ability to execute (as it is know in management speak) is worth way more than it’s weight in gold, platinum, or even Inkjet Printer Ink
As far as patience goes… I’m convinced that it is a recessive genetic trait.
It seems that is possible to learn to be a little bit more patient than you are by default, but fundamentally you either have it or you don’t!
Why recessive? Is it just me (turning into a grumpy old man), or has the whole world become fundamentally *LESS* patient than it used to be? Which would seem to me to indicate a recessive genetic trait. But what would I know about genetics… it’s not my area of expertise…